Windows Movie Maker (WMM) is one of the dynamic video editing application offered by Microsoft. The WMM is absolutely free and thus a majority of the Windows users opt for it in order to create and edit videos. But, some of the users have reported that they are unable to find Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10 OS. Therefore, this short guide has been created with an intention to help you know how to get WMM on Windows 10.
Part 1: Get Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10
If you are reading this, it means that you have purchased or upgraded your system with Windows 10 and noticed that Windows Movie Maker is unavailable. Generally, Microsoft offers a suite known as –”Windows Essential” and Windows Movie Maker is a part of this suite. Thus, if the WMM is not present on your computer, you need to visit the Windows website and then download the Windows Live Essential suite. Once you have downloaded the suite on your computer, you need to follow the installation instructions given in next segment.
Part 2: Installation of Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10
Refer the below given instructions to successfully install and run WMM on your Windows 10 OS,
- Step 1: Double click on the file that you downloaded, in order to run it. If you have enabled User Account Control (UAC) on your system, then you will be prompted whether you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer. Here, click on Yes button to proceed further
- Step 2: Then, an installation screen will pop-up, here you can either choose to install the entire set of programs provided by the suite or just install Windows Movie Maker.
Important note: The suite that you have downloaded includes a set of applications such as Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer and so on.
- Step 3: Hit on Install button and again cross check that you have selected Movie Maker
- Step 4: Next, the installation process will be initiated and simultaneously you can view the status
- Step 5: Once the installation completes successfully, click on the Close Then, in order to launch Movie Maker, click on Start button –> All Programs —> choose Windows Movie Maker
Having trouble with Windows Movie Maker?
Once you have installed the Movie Maker, you can enjoy creating/editing unlimited videos. Yet, at times due to some factors, your Windows Movie Maker file may get corrupted. So, you may want to know how to fix corrupted Movie Maker file using a reliable third-party application. Unfortunately, the Windows does not provide any built-in tools to repair corrupt movie files. Thus you need to utilize an advanced third-party application to fix such corrupted movie files.